Monday, September 17, 2012

Love Liberates !

In your childhood, when someone did or said something mean to you at the playground, you reacted by saying or doing mean right back.You get even, but you didn't grow. What is your most immediate reaction after the break up ?

You hate her. You take your immature playground mentality and apply it to your adult relationship. What it really shows is immaturity. It's detrimental to the healing process and it stunts emotional growth. You're not empowering yourself. You're crippling your fucked up heads further. You're replacing love with anger, joy with pain. How is that helpful? How is that healing? How can you grow from that? It's not healthy. And it's just flat-out wrong!

How can it be in the best of your interest to hate someone, you once deeply cared about. Why do you have to put someone down just to bring yourself up ? Why do you have to hate her just to love yourself. You actually feel stronger for not hating her. To hate someone is exhausting. But to love, that's energizing! That's freeing. That's healing. That's how you facilitate growth.

I am grateful to have been loved and to be loved now and to be able to love, because that liberates. Love liberates. It doesn't just hold - that's ego. Love liberates. It doesn't bind. Love says..."I love you. I love you if you're in China. I love you if you're across town. I love you if you're in Harlem. I love you. I would like to be near you. I'd like to have your arms around me. I'd like to hear your voice in my ear. But that's not possible now, so I love you. Go." - Maya Angelou
Don't love hoping to be loved. Love to liberate your soul. You'll never break up with your love !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates