Monday, August 30, 2010

That was the Birthday, My Dear!


History had to repeat, when it was ten to twelve
I got a telepathic pointer
That I may get a call after twelve
I brought my cell into study for the banter

I thought, she shouldn't be disturbed
Little did I know then
That she was awake and perturbed
The divine call came from the woman

She heard that all
Call was cut and came again
The talk resumed to enthrall
Unmindful of her being in pain

In the rage of the worst order
She butchered the stream of exchange
When the love started to flutter
Nothing could she do, except to derange

There was a lull for some time
Which was the harbinger of the storm ahead
I got wild and slapped her for the first time
And in return got a wilder one instead

She started throwing expletives all through
And got a slap for each of them in return
We both were firm at bidding adieu
Knowing fully well that it couldn't be done

It continued ... and then it calmed down
It was difficult to find an opthalmologist
At two up there on the clock at dawn,
Somehow we managed one to assist

The injury was superficial though
We couldn't sleep that night
On empty stomach, morning I slept feeling low
She managed that in the afternoon for some respite

With some snacks, Evening my mom arrived
We pretended to be normal and being upfront
She pretended of getting slipped
I had some snacks, she didn't

When they all moved out
I, finally, prepared the supper
She had that after nixing throughout
That was the Birthday, My Dear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates