Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mahiya (Darling)


Ve mahiya tere vekhan nu,
chuk charkha gali de vich danwa,

Oh darling, to get your glimpse,
I have placed the charkha in the lane outside the house,

Ve loka paane main kat di,
tang teriyan yaadan de panwa.

People around think I am spinning the threads of cotton,
But I am actually spinning the thread of your memories.

Charkhe di oo kar de ole,
yaad teri da tumba bole.

I put the charka aside in the shade ( as I don't feel like spinning anymore)
The music of your memories rings in my heart.

ve nimma nimma geet ched ke,
tang kath di hullare panwa

Humming along the song slowly,
I am spinning gently, the joy when we meet.

saun ni dende saure peke,
mainu tere pain pulekhe,

Our relatives don't let me rest at ease,
But I keep getting the feeling that you've come.

ve hoon mainu das mahiya,
tere baaju kidhar main jaanwan.

Oh darling, I ask you this,
If I don't go to you then were do I go !

ho eid aayi, mera yaar na aaya,
tera ve khair hove ove tamd,

The day of celebrations(eid) has come,
but my beloved hasn't come,

haar shingar change nai lagde,
ho kisi cheez pe nazar na jamdi,

The jewellery and the colors don't seem pretty,
Nothing around interests me,

sukha waalian neendra mangne,
yaar mile to main eid manva,
bina yaar de eid na gamdi.

I only pray for a night of peaceful sleep,
Let my love come and I would celebrate Eid,
For without my love, Eid does not feel like Eid. 


-- A Sufi Song --

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates